Adult Involvement in Youth Ministry
A healthy youth ministry is whole church based where youth are not segregated from those younger or older than them. We try to include adults, parents, kids, and college students many times and ways. We know that parents can’t be involved with everything their child is involved in, but most of the options below are not a full time commitment.
- Youth Leaders. Adults can be a part of the students’ spiritual formation if they would like to lead a Bible study, go on a trip, do a service project, help the puppet/drama ministry, be a music leader/teacher, or some other avenue. Ask yourself, “How can I use my experience and interest in leading the youth?”
- Host Homes. Would you like to open your home for a Bible study, Extended Play, or maybe even an overnighter?
- E.S.P.N. Team . Adults on the E.S.P.N. Team will be partnered up with one youth from 6th grade until they graduate high school. This partnership is one which each person remembers to pray for the other during their individual prayer times. Once a year we all get together for a fun event.
- Van/Bus Driver. If you’re willing to get your CDL you can drive the big bus, otherwise you can drive the van or small bus.
- Planning Team. Partnering with the Youth Pastor, you would meet twice a year to evaluate the youth ministry and plan yearly activities.
- Meal Team. This team would be who the Youth Pastor would call if he needs some food made up for a special occasion. For example, if we needed to feed the youth sandwiches at a car wash.
- Decoration Team. If you’ve got a creative flare and interest, I’d love to give you some money and time to decorate our youth facilities.
- Production Team. Do you know how to mount an LCD projector to the ceiling, set up a stage, copy a YouTube video to a DVD, run a power point slide show, add posts to our Facebook page, make a potato cannon, or build a dock on a lake? We could use your help.