ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR 2020-2021 AWANA IS
Registration: Although online registration has closed, it is still possible to join our Awana program. Please contact Children's Ministry Director, Rachel Dickens to register your children for our virtual Awana program. See below for details.
What is Awana? Awana is a world-wide nonprofit ministry focused on providing Bible-based evangelism and discipleship. As the global leader in child and youth discipleship, Awana gives children the opportunity to know, love, and serve Jesus.
For over six decades, the Lord has used the ministry of Awana to reach kids, equip leaders, and change the world.
Awana comes from 2 Timothy 2:15 and stands for Approved Workman are Not Ashamed.
THE AWANA PROGRAM AT WAKE CHAPEL...
- is a non-denominational organization that offers Bible-based clubs for boys and girls.
- offers three clubs for children preschool through 5th grade: Cubbies, Sparks, and T&T.
- gives children an opportunity to study and memorize Scripture in a fun and engaging way.
- provides at home resources for parents.
- is led by an enthusiastic and caring group of adults.
- is committed to reaching kids with the Gospel of Christ and helping train them to serve Him.
(PreK: Ages 3–5 years)
Cubbies celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers by helping them develop respect for God, His Son, and His Word. Our leaders help Cubbies learn God's Word in a fun and age-appropriate manner.
|The Sparks curriculum takes participants a step deeper into God's Word while giving boys and girls regular opportunities to hear the gospel and come to faith in Jesus Christ.
Sparks ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
Truth & Training (3rd–5th Grade)
Download the T&T Calendar &
|The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of Awana to teach upper elementary boys and girls the truth of God's Word and to train them to follow Christ and practice His grace in their daily lives.
Our goal is that many of today's young people will become tomorrow's church leaders.
AWANA PROGRAM REGISTRATION
“Awana at Home” Club Format:
Awana helps guide children as they grow in their knowledge of God’s Word and train them to follow His ways and practice His grace. Our goal is to equip kids so they can develop into livelong followers of Jesus Christ.
We pray that we will be able to meet in person soon; however, for the safety of our participants and volunteers, we will begin our 2020-2021 club season with a virtual Awana Club.
Because parents are the primary spiritual influencers in a child’s life, Wake Chapel Awana is partnering with you to guide your children through “Awana at Home.” Through this program, your Awana leaders will work with you to help your child learn Scripture and what it means, engage in a Bible lesson, and interact with another trusted caring adult.
Club fees this year have been discounted to $20 per student. What you will receive:
- Curriculum: child’s handbook with 32 Bible-centered weekly lessons
- Bible Time: access to online large group lessons, workshops for extra assistance, and activity pages. For Cubbies and Sparks, these lessons are prerecorded and available to watch at a time that works best for your family.
- T&T Large Group Lessons: T&T students can log into a live Zoom meeting with their large group on Sunday nights at 5:00 p.m. where they’ll be able to interact with their peers, ask questions, and delve deeper into God’s Word.
- Small Group discipleship: weekly interaction and support from Wake Chapel Awana volunteers
- End of the year awards
Have questions, need information or still need to register? Contact Wake Chapel at 919-552-4147 or click to contact our Children's Ministry Director, Rachel Dickens, by email.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AND PROGRAM INFORMATION
AWANA SCHEDULE 2020-2021
Awana will begin the year with “Awana at Home” virtual club. When we resume in-person meetings, Awana meets at the Wake Chapel Family Life Center on Sundays 5:00 - 6:30 pm.