All religions have a path that leads "somewhere." Usually that "somewhere" is their idea of heaven.
- Buddhism believes in the ultimate bliss of nothingness. D Hinduism is often described as a storehouse where all religions live together in toleration.
- Some religions believe the grave is the end of everything
- Judaism believes the hereafter is determined by moral behavior and attitudes now. Their notion of the afterlife is not very well developed. Often our Jewish friends criticize Christians for being too concerned about eternal rewards. I
- Humanism and existentialism believe heaven is here and now.
- Jehovah's Witnesses believe only 144,000 will get to heaven.
- New Age thinkers lean toward reincarnation.
What do you believe about heaven? What is the basis for that belief?
My hope in this series of messages is to look at what the Bible says about heaven -how to get there, what is it like, and what will we do in heaven.
Bring your Bible and join us as we study together,