We do not believe in "closed communion" here at Wake Chapel. It is the Lord's Table and He is the host, but this is a solemn occasion and we want to remember certain things as we come to it.
- It is a table of remembrance. "When He had given thanks, He broke it and said, Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of Me. " 1 Cor. 11:24
- It is a table of obedience. ""Take, eat, ...Drink ye all of it." vs. 28
- It is a table of self-examination. "But let a man examine himself; and so let him eat of the bread, drink of the cup." v. 28
- It is a table of communion. "The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?" 1 Cor. 10:16
- It is a table of thanksgiving. "And when He had given thanks He broke it." vs. 24
- It is a table of confession. "Ye do show the Lord's death." vs. 26
- It is a table of expectation. "till He comes." vs. 26
May the richest blessings of our heavenly Father hear yours as we observe communion this Lord's day.