Welcome Upward Sports Fans!
What does each child get?
Dates for the 2019/20 season
||Upward Brochures may be picked up at these locations:
DID YOU KNOW…
When asked about their past experience this is what young athletes had to say.
- 37% wished no parents watched them play.
- 41% indicated that they've awakened in the middle of the night worrying about a game.
- 69% indicated that they prefer a coach that puts more priority on fun than winning.
- 71% said it wouldn't matter if no score were kept in the game.
- 74% said they had seen out of control parents at their game.
- 75% have dropped out of organized sports by age 13.
Upward Sports leagues across the country have provided a solution to those problems listed above. Upward does a few things differently than your common sports league. They have designed a program that puts the emphasis on character, self-esteem, and Christ-likeness rather than trophies and awards. Every child gets equal time of play. The theme of Upward is Play with Purpose, and the Upward program embodies everything you’d want to accomplish in developing young athletes spiritually, mentally, athletically, and socially. Wake Chapel Christian Church is excited and honored to implement an Upward Basketball League (for boys & girls K-6) in our community.
How can I help?
You can be a team member of Upward by being a coach, assistant coach, score keeper, referee, prayer partner, halftime speaker, or some other valuable position. All you need is the interest, and there will be someone who can clearly explain your role and guide you through it. Contact Seth Carter or Rachel Dickens to learn more about how you can help.
Church phone number: (919) 552-4147 x204
E-mail: Seth Carter (Youth Pastor)