What is Awana? Awana is an international, Bible-centered children's ministry providing local churches with weekly clubs for students in preschool through high school. The goal of Awana clubs is to equip churches to reach kids - and their families - with the gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him.
Awana comes from 2 Timothy 2:15 and stands for Approved Workman are Not Ashamed.
The Awana Program at Wake Chapel...
- is a non-denominational organization that offers Bible-based clubs for boys and girls.
- gives children an opportunity to study and memorize the Bible, earn prizes, and have loads of fun!
- offers three clubs for children preschool through 5th grade: Cubbies, Sparks, and T&T.
- meets weekly on Sundays 5:00 – 6:30 pm from August 19 to May 19 [see the schedule below].
- offers activities for parents/guardians during club times.
- is led by an energetic, enthusiastic group of adults.
- meets in the Family Life Center, located behind the main church campus.
Cubbies serves children aged 1-2 years before Kindergarten.
Sparks serves those in Kindergarten through 2nd grade.
Truth and Training includes 3rd through 5th grade. (Download the new T&T Curriculum Guide now.)
Awana Program Registration
Online Registration is now open for the 2018-19 Awana Clubs! Our online registration this year includes pay online. You can pay with credit and debit cards or with bank draft. Click the Register Now button on the right to go to the secure online registration page. Just come on out to Kickoff and we'll sign you up on the spot. We look forward to seeing you!
If you do not wish to pay online just come on out to the Kickoff Celebration to register in person. Club members may also be registered at any time during the year at the beginning of any club meeting. Just come a few minutes early so we can complete the registration.
- New Clubbers OR Clubbers moving up to a new age-group: $35
- Returning Clubbers who are remaining in the same age-group: $30
Have questions or need informtion? Contact Wake Chapel at 919-552-4147 or click to contact our Awana leadship by email.
Additional Resources and Program Information
Awana Schedule 2018 - 2019
*All meetings begin at 5:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.